Time to Have Yummy Steamed Dhokla…
Hope you are enjoying your Weekend and chilling out with your friends and family out there.
Oops, I totally forgot that it’s a lockdown, and like me, you guys must be quarantined in your homes and must be missing your late-night parties and movies and those cafes where you were always spotted with your friends and buddies.
So, here I am to make your weekend super exciting and enjoyable and to make sure that you don’t miss out on your favorite food which you must be craving for since so many times like everyone. You need not crave for your favorite food because today I am gonna tell you how you can have the taste of South Indian Dish at your home and can feel like you are there and enjoying your favorite food.
I know we cannot go outside but what if we can bring our cafes at our home, by making such amazing dishes and our favorite dishes.
So today, we are gonna make Steamed Dhokla which is so easy, and quick and it will be super-duper yummmmmy. You just need to know some tricks to make it spongy and tasty. It is suggested and prepared by my Chef, my Mom, who is a great chef, and she cooks such delicious food that you won’t stop eating once you started.
Let’s begin it, and introduce you first with the ingredient that we are gonna use today to make Steamed Dhokla Recipe.
Ingredients to Make Steamed Dhokla Recipe
- Besan – 150gm (medium size 2 cup)
- Ginger and Green Chilly Paste – 2 small spoon
- Sooji – 2 big spoon
- Salt – 1 small spoon
- Haldi – 1/3 spoon
- Sugar – 1 and a half big spoon
- Eno Fruit Salt – 1 small spoon (Flavourless)
- Lemon Juice – 2 big Spoon
- Cooking Oil – 1 small Spoon
- Lukewarm Water – 1/2 Glass (150 ml)
For Tadka or Tempering
- 3-4 green chilies(split)
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- Mustard Seeds – 1 small spoon
- Asafoetida – 2 Pinch
- Sugar – 1/2 Spoon
- Salt – 1/3 Spoon
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Cooking Oil – 2 big spoon
Now, Let’s Begin Cooking Our Steamed Dhokla
1) Prepare a batter first: Sieve the gram flour in a bowl. Now add Semolina, sugar and mix it well with the lukewarm water and lemon juice until it becomes thick, and now the batter is ready. Cover it and leave it for 15 minutes now.
2) Add 2 glasses of water in a deep pan/steamer. Put a stand in water. Turn on the flame, cover the pan, and let the water boil.
3) Meanwhile, grease a deep plate, bowl or cake tin with oil and keep it aside.
4) After 15 Minutes, stir the batter that you’ve just prepared and add turmeric powder(1/3 small spoon), salt(1 tsp or as per taste), ginger, green chilies paste. Mix it well and add 1 small tsp of oil and mix it again and now add Eno(fruit salt) and add 1 tsp of water on fruit salt. Mix it well in a clockwise or anti-clockwise for about 10-12 seconds.
5) Now Put cake tin near to it as we have to do this at a faster pace. Immediately, Pour the batter into the greased cake tin or plate. Do it at a faster pace, otherwise, dhokla will not be spongy. Tap the tin to level it properly.
6) Open the lid and place the battered tin inside the pan/steamer. Cover the tin and steam it for 15 minutes on medium flame. Don’t open the lid in between. After 15 minutes, turn off the flame, and we’ll check it with a knife. If the knife comes out clean, then the dhokla is ready or vice versa, then cook it for another 4-6 minutes (cover the pan).
7) Once the dhokla tin is slightly cold, take it out from the steamer/pan. Let it cool down a little more.
And, we are almost done here, and now we’ll make it tastier and yummy by adding tempering on it, and now let’s move forward to our next step.
Tadka or Tempering Preparation for our Steamed Dhokla Recipe
We’ll do now Tempering Preparation and for that-
8) Turn on the flame and heat a tempering pan, add oil and let it heat more, add Asafoetida (2 Pinch), add mustard seeds and fry it for few seconds. Now add green Chilli, Curry Leaves and let it fry for another 2-3 minutes, add sugar and salt and mix it and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes. If you want, then you can add little water once the tempering will be slightly cold or else it will not be safe for you, but I’ve not used it here, and now Tempering is ready and turn off the flame.
So, We are Ready with our Tadka also and now let’s move ahead to our next step that is Presentation of Steamed Dhokla.
9)Take out the dhokla from the tin, with a knife from the corner edges, and place it on a plate. Now cut it into pieces with a knife and pour the tempering on top of it. We generally add water to make dhokla slightly juice, so you can if you want it.
Our Steamed Dhokla is ready to serve now with green sauce or chilly sauce and to make it, more presentable you can pour coriander leaves on top of it.
Isn’t it easy and quick recipe to try guys. Try it at your homes and enjoy it with your loved ones and share your thoughts with me that how was it. My Mom would love to hear best wishes from you all, so please try and let me know about it. Also if you are very particular about your diet and health which I think everyone should be then follow the healthy and customized diet plan which is suggested by the nutritionist.
And after having this yummy steam dhokla, if you want to have dessert then you can try out easy bake nutty oreo cake and also you can try out mango chocolate pancake. If you are a mango lover then you will love this dish for sure and this is a must try recipe. Both of these recipes are easy to cook and will not take much time of yours and can be prepared with the easily available ingredients at your home.