How much does it matter to you how are you looking or is there anyone who is looking smarter or pretty than you? I know your answer that obviously Yes because everyone wants to. But the sad part comes to our life when instead of our crush, small acne takes the entry in our life and ruined everything, and we feel like oh! I didn’t wish for you and why you are here? But don’t worry it’s time to say goodbye to acne or pimple.
You know what, no one has the power to stop us from going anywhere, but that superpower is in this acne only. One acne or pimple and no to all the phone calls and meetings. We almost lose confidence within ourselves because of this acne and don’t feel positivity in us, and not even around us.
So, My Friends, the time has arrived to bid goodbye to our enemy, and that is this acne. But before that, we need to understand why does this happens and what are the symptoms of it and precautions that need to be taken to get rid of it. So let’s begin and understand what it is.
What is Acne?
Tiny holes on your skin called pores that can become blocked by oil, bacteria, dead skin cells, and dirt. You may develop a “zit” or pimple when this occurs. If your skin is affected by this condition repeatedly then you may have acne.
Acne that appears on your face can affect your self-esteem and, over time, may cause you permanent physical scarring.
Not to feel helpless and demotivated because there are loads of effective treatments for acne that reduce the chance of scarring and the number of pimples you get.
Symptoms of Acne
You can have acne anywhere on your body. Most commonly you have pimple on face, pimple on chin, pimple on scalp, pimple on neck, pimples in ear, pimples in eye, pimples on nose, pimple on chest, back, and shoulders.
You might have noticed pimples that are black or white. Both whiteheads and blackheads are known as comedo.
Just under the surface of your skin whiteheads are closed and gives a white appearance. Blackheads are open at the surface of your skin, gives a black appearance because of oxygen in the air.
While these are very common but other than these, other types of acne also occur. Other Pimple types includes:
- Papules are red, small, raised bumps caused by inflamed or infected hair follicles.
- Pustules are small red pimples with pus at their tips.
- Nodules are painful lumps beneath the surface of your skin and are solid.
- Cysts are lumps that are large and found beneath your skin that contains pus and are very painful.
Acne occurs when the pores of your skin become dead skin or blocked with oil or bacteria.
Each pore that you have on your skin is the opening to a follicle and it is made up of hair and a sebaceous (oil) gland.
Sebum (oil) releases from the oil gland, which travels up the hair, out of the pore, and onto your skin. This keeps your skin lubricated and soft. One or more problems in this lubrication process can cause you acne. It occurs when:
- Your follicles produce too much oil
- dead skin cells accumulate in your pores
- bacteria build up in your pores
All these problems cause the development of pimples. You got a pimple when bacteria grow in a clogged pore and the oil is unable to escape.
Risk Factors for Developing Acne
There’s no scientific proof that has been food for such claims claimed by people as there are certain risk factors for developing acne. Some people believe that it happens because of having French fries or chocolate. Risk factors include:
- Hormonal changes caused by pregnancy or puberty
- Certain medications such as certain birth control pills
- A diet high in carbohydrates, refined sugars, such as chips and bread. While we know that it is hard to live a life without having all these foods but at least we can control portion size and try to have a healthy and balanced diet to control acne.
- From the family genes
- Stress is one of the reasons for having acne. You must have been noticed that you looked fresher and more perfect when you are on a vacation and look tired on weekdays. The best way to reduce stress is yoga and meditation as this will help you to manage your stress level.
The risk of developing acne is high during puberty. During this process, many hormonal changes occur in our bodies. These changes can trigger the production of oil and lead to an increased risk of acne. Hormonal acne related to puberty can be improved in your adulthood.
You can try some activities at your home to prevent pimples. This includes:
- Clean your skin with mild soap to remove dirt and excess oil
- Wash your hairs daily to keep oil out of your face
- Use makeup which is water-based or labeled “noncomedogenic”(not pore-clogging)
- Never pick or squeeze pimples as this spread’s bacteria and excess oil and this will cause more pimple on your skin.
- Never make tight ponytails, wear hats, or tight hairbands.
- Avoid touching your face because you keep your hands-on multiple places knowingly or unknowingly and if you touch your face then this will cause dirt on your skin and you’ll have more pimples.
Acne Home Remedies
It is known to be the best remedy for acne symptoms. It has organic acids that fight bacteria, germs, and oil, while succinic acid and lactic acid that helps in acne scar removal.
Mix one drop of ACV with 3 drops of water and apply it on the affected areas- but remember not to overdo this treatment at home.
2) Tea Tree Oil
It is very useful for acne scars. Anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic, and antibacterial – it immediately soothes skin infections, itchiness, and redness.
Mix 1 drop of tea tree oil with 9 drops of water and apply gently on your scalp with a cotton ball.
3) Honey and Turmeric
A combination of anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory powers is a great solution to get rid of your acne.
Use half tbsp of turmeric and 1 tbsp of honey and apply it for 5 minutes on the skin.
4) Green Tea
Probably, it’s the best acne treatment at home and naturally reduces acne-inducing blood sugar and insulin levels. It can help reduce sebum production, inflammation.
Make yourself a pot and apply it on your skin with a cotton ball once it’s cooled for acne scar treatment.
5) Aloe Vera
It is known the best for any type of remedy and it works in this case too. Its anti-fungal properties prevent infections, soothe inflammation on the skin and expedite healing, while its astringent properties prevent the production of sebum, dirt gathering.
Twice a day, apply fresh aloe vera pulp on your skin to reap the benefits of healthy, squeaky clean skin.
1) Acne Laser Treatment
It removes the uppermost layer of skin to reveal the younger skin cells underneath. It resurfaces the skin without the use of scrubs or chemicals, which helps to reduce the acne scar’s appearance.
However, consult your doctor will be advisory as it is not suitable for all skin types.
2) Micro needling
In this tiny needle inserted into the skin surrounding the acne scar to stimulate the body to make more collagen. This reduces the acne marks’ appearance by smoothing the skin. However, it may lead to temporary effects like pain, inflammation, and redness and consult your doctor first for the safe side.
3) Dermal Fillers
Dermatologists may recommend using soft tissue filters to reduce acne marks appearance in severe cases of acne scars. These fillers consist of a collagen-based product, which may require prior allergy testing. This works best for specific acne scars and may last anywhere between 6-18 months.
The remedies mentioned in this article might not work for everyone as everyone has different skin but could be worth a try.
If you live with severe acne, then you need to consult a dermatologist and get yourself treated and don’t worry, like everyone you are also beautiful and smart and has the best features, and don’t lose hope just because of this small acne and it will be fine soon with the best treatment and home remedies.
You just need to be a little careful and protective of your sensitive skin. You can also read how to get rid of your moles and skin tags and what is the difference between these two.