You know what I feel that coffee is a great stressbuster, and I love to have coffee a lot, and I can never say ‘no’ to a cup of coffee and, I am sure like me, more people agree with me on this. But don’t you think that one thing is common in all of us, and that’s we all love coffee more when its made in our style.
We all have different tastes, and accordingly, some prefer more milk and sugar while some of us prefer to have black coffee or, coffee with less sugar.
We all need coffee in the early morning to feel energized and to kick-off the morning. We all know the benefits of it but do you know that the high intake of black coffee can be risky too, and what can be the consequences of having it multiple times in a day?
Today we’ll talk about everything related to black coffee, and if you are a black coffee lover, then its more important to know for you that how many times can you have it in a day, and what are the side effects and the benefits of it.
Nutrition value of black coffee
If you are looking for a low-calorie drink, then black coffee is the perfect drink for you. If you have your coffee regularly with milk, sugar, cream, etc. then it might be not good for your health, as it contains loads of calories which is equal to an extra-large slice of cake. Typically, an 8-ounce cup of black coffee contains:
- 0% fat
- 0% cholesterol
- 0% sodium
- 0% carbohydrates
- 0% sugar
- 4% potassium
As we’ve seen above that black coffee doesn’t have calories, but it doesn’t mean that it is “healthy” or “nutritional” for us. It has very low nutritional value besides giving you a low amount of potassium. So, in simple words, it is something that contains low calorie and good for you if you are looking for a low-calorie drink, and it won’t harm your health. If you want to derive more nutrition from your coffee, then you can do so by opting for other varieties of coffee drinks, like a latte, mocha, cappuccino, etc.
How to Make Black Coffee
We all love to drink coffee in our way, but in case you are gonna try it for the first time, then you can refer from here the steps that will make your coffee amazing and tasty.
1) In a coffee grinder, grind the fresh coffee beans.
2) Boil a cup of water in a kettle.
3) Place the strainer on the cup and add the ground coffee into it.
4) Pour the boiled water slowly over the ground coffee. Remove the strainer and enjoy your black coffee
Best Time To Drink Black Coffee?
It is recommended to drink black coffee twice a day – once in the morning between 10 am and noon and again between 2 pm and 5 pm.
Black Coffee Benefits
1) For Weight Loss
Black coffee is considered as the best beverage for losing weight. If you want to lose some kilos and not happy with your weight, or body then definitely you should go for a healthy diet , yoga, and exercise but with that, you must include black coffee also in your diet.
Remember to drink black coffee without any additives, like sugar, milk, cream, or any other added flavors if you want to lose weight, or belly fat.
Let’s see how it will help you in losing weight
- It contains chlorogenic acid, which helps to slow down glucose production in the body. If you drink black coffee after a meal, then it will produce less glucose, as well as fat cells.
- It suppresses your hunger as it is rich in caffeine, which helps in the stimulation of metabolic activity and increases energy levels.
- It is a low-calorie drink, so you don’t need to count your calories while having it, and you don’t put on weight.
- Other benefits include reduction of water content in the body, which includes frequent urination, and because of this you will be able to release excess water in your body, and this helps you to temporary weight loss.
- 2) It improves cardiovascular health
Regular intake of black coffee may lead to an increase in blood pressure, but this effect diminishes with time. Studies have shown that if you drink black coffee twice a day, then it will lower the risk of having cardiovascular diseases, or stroke.
3) It is good for your liver
It is important for the health of your liver. Regular intake of black coffee can prevent you from liver cancer, fatty liver disease, hepatitis as well as alcoholic cirrhosis. Studies have shown that the people who drink black coffee 4 times in a day have lower chances of having liver disease.
This is because the contents of black coffee can help to lower the level of harmful liver enzymes that are found in the blood.
4) It may help prevent the risk of developing cancer
It has been found in research that regular consumption of black coffee can lower down the risk of certain types of cancer such as liver, breast, colon, and rectal cancer.
5) Reduces diabetes risk
Drinking coffee with sugar increase the chances of having type 2 diabetes. Some studies have found that regular intake of black coffee without sugar lower down the chances to 23 to 50 percent of getting type 2 diabetes.
6) Fights depression
Women who drink black coffee more than 4 times a day have a 20 percent lower risk of becoming depressed because the caffeine present in black coffee stimulates the central nervous system and increases dopamine levels which removes the symptoms of depression, anxiety, and reduces the chances of suicide commit.
7) Improves workout performance
Many people prefer to have black coffee before starting their workout. Taking black coffee in the early morning increases epinephrine (adrenaline) levels in the blood, which in turn boosts your physical performance by 11 to 12 percent. Caffeine also lowers muscle post-workout.
Side effects of black coffee
We’ve discussed the advantages of black coffee, but is that all enough for us to know? Isn’t it important to know its side effects too? Like all other things, it has side effects too and a high intake of black coffee can create various problems for you that you might know.
- High intake of black coffee release high levels of stress hormones in your body, which only leads to stress and anxiety.
- Excessive intake of black coffee can seriously mess up your sleeping routine, and therefore avoid having it before some hours of your bedtime.
- It contains caffeine and acid which can create acidity in the stomach if you consume it more. You will likely to have cramps and abdominal spasms.
- Excess intake of coffee can make it difficult for your body to absorb minerals such as iron, calcium, and zinc from your daily diet.
It’s good to have black coffee in a day but remember to add it in your diet in a limited intake as excessive intake of it might harm you in various ways and not good for your health at all.